Mix together rolled oats, chia seeds, vanilla powder, and cinnamon in an airtight container and store for up to two weeks. The night before you are ready to eat mix in unsweetened milk of choice (I like coconut the best, but almond or cashew also works) and refrigerate overnight. I use a half pint mason jar as it leaves room for my favorite toppings. In the morning you can heat up the granola in the microwave, but I prefer mine cold.
Meal prep this recipe: Make up multiple jars of all of the ingredients except the milk and store in airtight containers for up to two weeks!
Make it your own:
- Switch the cinnamon for nutmeg or pumpkin spice
- Top with fresh fruit
- Top with granola
- Add more milk if you like it more liquidy (I prefer a drier oatmeal)
- Microwave it in the morning for hot oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oat
- 3 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk of choice (almond, cashew, and coconut milk)
- Mix old fashion oats, chia seeds, vanilla powder, and cinnamon in a 1/2 pint mason jar.
- Mix in unsweetened milk of choice (almond, coconut, cashew.)
- Allow to sit overnight (at least 6 hours) for best flavor.