There are so many wonderful things about summers in New York! One of my favorites is camping and hiking. It is so wonderful to take a step away from everything and enjoy the outdoors.
On this particular camping trip I had to figure out how to feed three hungry men, but I wanted to fuel our trip with clean delicious food! Hence, grilled summer squash!
You can also cook your summer squash over a grill. I set my grill at medium high, with a temperature around 400 degrees. In both cases I used my grill wok.
Make it your own:
- Mix in some fresh zucchini (cut the same diameter for even cooking)
- Add a few cloves of garlic for a zing
- If you like spicy flavors sprinkle in some red pepper flakes
- 2 summer squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Slice summer squash in 1 inch thick rounds.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Grill over medium high heat for 20 minutes until tender.