The dijon and herbs in the chicken marinade make this a sure crowd pleaser!
I like to place my chicken between plastic wrap or wax paper and use a mallet to tenderize it before marinating. This leaves plenty of opportunity for the flavors to work their way deep into the chicken. You can skip this step, or simply pierce the chicken with a fork multiple times and still get great flavor.
4 – 6 0z boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 TBS. rosemary
1/2 TBS. thyme
1/2 TBS. freshly ground pepper
1 TBS. chopped garlic
1/4 c. dijon mustard
Do you have dippers in your family? Double the marinade recipe and set aside half before adding the chicken!
Place tenderized chicken and remaining ingredients in a zip lock bag. Seal the bag and massage the ingredients and chicken to evenly distribute. Refrigerate at least one hour, overnight is best.
Cook over medium heat in a sauté pan or grill for 3 – 4 minutes, turn over and cook another 3 -4 minutes until completely cooked through.
You may have notice in the photographs more than the 4 chicken breasts in the ingredients list. I ALWAYS make my time in the kitchen WORK for ME. This meal does DOUBLE duty. Tasty dinner and meal prep for another day. Portion and freeze extra chicken for fajitas, stir fry, mason jar salads, and more. That evening you are running late picking up kids from practice or working, there will be no need to stop for fast food on the way home. You are prepared to put together a quick, nutritious meal!
- 4 – 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 TBS. rosemary
- 1/2 TBS. thyme
- 1/2 TBS. freshly ground pepper
- 1 TBS. chopped garlic
- 1/4c. dijon mustard
- Pound chicken breasts between plastic wrap or wax paper with mallet
- Place chicken and remaining ingredients in zip lock bag and seal.
- Massage ingredients and chicken until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate at least one hour. Best if marinated overnight.
- Over medium heat sauté or grill chicken breast 3 – 4 minutes.
- Turn over chicken breast and continue to cook 3 – 4 more minutes on the other side until cooked thoroughly.
Mom Cooks Clean