Happy 5th birthday, Shelby! We love our pup and celebrate her birthday with pupcakes. Fresh baked treats made from healthy ingredients.
1 cup rolled oats – I used gluten free
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1/3 cup apple butter – you can substitute applesauce
1/3 cup peanutbutter
2 Tablespoons honey
1 flaxseed egg – 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 Tablespoons water – you can substitute 1 egg
1/4 cup peanutbutter
2 Tablespoons plain greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse oats and baking powder in a food processor. It does not need to be powdered, broken oats are fine.
Stir in remaining pupcake ingredients.
I used the flaxseed egg for the omega-3 fats. It will help promote a shiny coat and healthy skin. Feel free to use a whole egg if you prefer. Use pan spray to prepare a mini cupcake pan and divide batter among 12 wells. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. They will be golden and a toothpick inserted will come out clean.
Allow to fully cool. Mix peanut butter and yogurt together and frost cupcakes. I added animal crackers for decoration because they are Shelby’s favorite. Feel free to garnish with your dog’s special treat.
We adopted her from Northern Chautauqua Canine Rescue. She is the sweetest girl and we love her so much! I encourage you to visit your local pet shelter. Donate your time, bring useful items, make a monetary donation, or bring home a family pet.
Shelby loves her new family. She is always giving kisses and plenty of affection. She won her way into our hearts before we even reached the driveway the night we brought her home.
She was not very patient, but what five year old can sit for the perfect picture with all the commotion of a birthday celebration? She gobbled her pupcake up! With all natural, wholesome ingredients, these pupcakes are human friendly!
Mom Cooks Clean
- 1 cup rolled oats – I used gluten free
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup apple butter – you can substitute applesauce
- 1/3 cup peanutbutter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 flaxseed egg – 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 Tablespoons water – you can substitute 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanutbutter
- 2 Tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pulse oats and baking powder in a food processor.
- Stir in remaining pupcake ingredients.
- Use pan spray to prepare a mini cupcake pan.
- Divide batter among 12 wells.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes until golden and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Add optional garnish.