I love granola! It is a wonderful addition to so many of my favorite snacks or it can a great snack all on its own. I have been enjoying this granola on yogurt, overnight oats, and fresh fruit! The best part of this granola is it is not full of extra sugar and preservatives!
Mix together 2 cups of oats, 2 cups of cashews, 1 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, 2 tablespoons chai seeds.
In a sauce pan over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon all spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg until well combined. Mix wet and dry ingredients well. Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. It is important to know your oven. My oven is somewhat new and bakes well at high temperatures. My mom (co-author of The Clean Cooks) has an old gas stove and she would need to dial down to 350 degrees as to not burn her granola. Another way to ensure your granola doesn’t burn is stir it a few times. You want your granola to be brown and crispy. Store for up to two weeks in an airtight contaner.
Try this with our Blueberry Sauce over plain sauce! It is out of this world!
- 1 cups of oats
- 1 cups of raw cashews chopped
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoons chai seeds.
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix together oats, cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chai seeds.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat melt coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, all spice, vanilla, nutmeg until well combined.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients well.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. It your oven tends to burn adjust down to 350 degrees. Stir often! You want your granola to be brown and crispy.
- Store for up to two weeks in an air tight container.